Elizabeth T. Schaus
Elizabeth Schaus is an experienced litigator who represents clients in civil actions arising primarily from catastrophic bodily injury and wrongful death claims, professional liability claims, commercial liability and business disputes, and employment-related claims.
Elizabeth has substantial experience with all phases of litigation including early case evaluation, discovery, depositions, law and motion, alternative dispute resolution, expert discovery and trial. Elizabeth aggressively pursues the most favorable and cost-effective results for her clients. She has been selected for inclusion in the Southern California Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list in 2019, 2020 and 2021.
Elizabeth’s litigation practice includes representing:
- Small and large businesses, including Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies, in premises security, premises liability and product liability claims involving catastrophic bodily injury and wrongful death;
- California developers, general contractors and subcontractors in a wide range of construction-based litigation, including those involving insurance coverage disputes; and
- A diverse range of clients in business disputes, including contract disputes, shareholder and partnership disputes, employment disputes, and in disputes between clients and lawyers in malpractice and fiduciary duty claims.
Elizabeth graduated from Washington University in St. Louis School of Law. While in law school, she was a member of the school’s national trial team and won awards in oral advocacy and trial skills. Elizabeth received her undergraduate degree from Vanderbilt University.
Elizabeth resides in the South Bay with her husband and daughter. Outside of work, she enjoys traveling, playing pickleball and wine tasting.
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 2007
- Washington University in St. Louis, J.D., 2010
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California